NMRFAM eNewsletter – April 2021
- NMRFAM is hiring! Come join our team and facility! Link on posting – PVL232493 – NMRFAM Project Manager
- NMRFAM is ramping back up to near-normal operations with our spectrometers. However, no outside users are allowed in the building. External user access via samples shipped or dropped off to the facility and remote user access have resumed.
- 900 MHz (Fleckvieh) is currently configured for solution NMR. It will remain in solution probe until middle of May. Please plan ahead if you have any needs so we can help schedule your time.
- As we transition to iLab (see below), please submit NMR time requests to Lai Bergeman to enter in the new system until your research group has been transitioned into iLab.
- For the latest updates on UW-Madison Smart Restart and support services please visithttps://covid19.wisc.edu/
- NMRFAM has transitioned to iLab to streamline the process of scheduling and billing for user requests. iLab requires a one-time registration. Please contact Lai Bergeman for assistance with this process. Once you are registered, the system will enable you to complete new project forms, request spectrometer time, place service requests and provide required approvals.
- NMRFAM now has the capability for real-time sharing of experimental NMR data via the Shared Drive hosted by DoIT. For access, users will be registered with wisc.edu domain accounts. Please inquire with Lai Bergeman if you are interested in this capability.
New User/Collaborator Information:
- Please note that if you would like to collaborate with our facility you will need to submit an abstract providing some detail to Lai Bergeman, coordinator, who will bring it up for review at our weekly staff meeting for approval. Please visit the NMRFAM website for more information.
Solid state NMR spectrometers at NMRFAM:
- Vosges: 600 MHz Bruker Avance III with 3.2 mm Efree HCN CPMAS
- Taurus: 600 MHz Varian InfinityPlus with 1.6 mm T3 HXY
- Ribeye: 600 MHz Varian InfinityPlus with 3.2 mm Varian T3 HXY and 1.6 mm Phoenix HXY
- Ayshire: 750 MHz wide bore Varian VNMRS Direct Drive with range of probes
- Fleckvieh: 900 MHz Bruker Avance III with Bruker 3.2 mm E-FREE HCN, Bruker 1.3 mm HCN, and 1.6 Phoenix HFXY probes
Donate to NMRFAM:
US deductible donations can be made to NMRFAM. Please write check payable to:
UW Foundation, Account 112152802 and mail to:
Attn: Sarah Lynn Traver Saunders
Associate Administrative Program Specialist
University of Wisconsin-Madison
Department of Biochemistry
433 Babcock Dr.
Madison WI 53706
For further information, please contact Ms. Saunders, Tel: 608-265-2507 or email.
References for recent publications are:
Structure and dynamics of drug-bound bacterial transporter EmrE in lipid bilayers. Shcherbakov AA, Hisao G, Mandala VS, Thomas NE, Soltani M, Davis JH Jr, Henzler-Wildman KA, Hong M. Jan 2021. Nat Commun. PMID:33420032.
1H, 13C, and 15N backbone and side chain chemical shift assignments of the SARS-CoV-2 non-structural protein 7. Tonelli M, Rienstra C. Anderson TK, Kirchdoerfer R, Henzler-Wildman K. 2020 Nov. Biomol NMR Assign. PMID:33219414
Structural Insights into the Recognition of Mono- and Diacetylated Histones by the ATAD2B Bromodomain. Lloyd JT, McLaughlin K, Lubula MY, Gay JC, Dest A, Gao C, Philips M, Tonelli M, Cornilescu G, Marunde MR, Evans CM, Boyson SP, Carlson S, Keogh MC, Markley JL, Frietze S, Glass KC. 2020 Nov. J Med Chem. PMID:330844328
CHESPA/CHESCA-SPARKY : automated NMR data analysis plugins for SPARKY to map protein allostery. Shao H, Boulton S, Olivieri C, Mohamed H, Akimoto M, Subrahmanian MV, Veglia G, Markley JL, Melacini G, Lee W. 2020 Sep. Bioinformatics. PMID:32926121
Uncovering a membrane-distal conformation of KRAS available to recruit RAF to the plasma membrane. Van QN, Lopez CA, Tonelli M, Taylor T, Niu B, Stanley CB, Bhowmik D, Tran TH, Frank PH, Messing S, Alexander P, Scott D, Ye X, Drew M, Chertov O, Losche M, Ramanathan A, Gross ML, Hengartner NW, Westler WM, Markley JL, Simanshu DK, Nissley DV, Gillette WK, Espasito D, McCormick F, Gnanakaran S, Heinrich F, Stephen AG. 2020 Sep. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. PMID:32620933
To Unsubscribe, go to http://lists.nmrfam.wisc.edu/mailman/options/enews