NMRFAM eNewsletter – September 2021
- Welcome back to Fall 2021 semester! UW Madison’s students return to the classroom!
- NMRFAM is ramping back up to near-normal operations with our spectrometers. However, outside users must still request building access. Please contact Lai Bergeman or NMRFAM-Head to request access. External user access via samples shipped or dropped off to the facility and remote user access are operating as usual.
- 900 MHz (Fleckvieh) is currently configured for solution NMR until September 27th, at which time it will be converted to solid-state NMR for 6 to 8 weeks. Solution and solid-state configurations will alternate every 6 to 8 weeks in the future, so please pro-actively plan to submit your 900 MHz including efficient use of the time and specific justifications for high field.
New User/Collaborator Information:
- Please note that if you would like to collaborate with our facility you will need to submit an abstract providing some detail to Lai Bergeman, coordinator, who will bring it up for review at our weekly staff meeting for approval. Please visit the NMRFAM website for more information.
Solid state NMR spectrometers at NMRFAM:
- Vosges: 600 MHz Bruker Avance III with 3.2 mm Efree HCN CPMAS
- Taurus: 600 MHz Varian InfinityPlus with 1.6 mm T3 HXY
- Ribeye: 600 MHz Varian InfinityPlus with 3.2 mm Varian T3 HXY and 1.6 mm Phoenix HXY
- Ayshire: 750 MHz wide bore Varian VNMRS Direct Drive with range of probes
- Fleckvieh: 900 MHz Bruker Avance III with Bruker 3.2 mm E-FREE HCN, Bruker 1.3 mm HCN, and 1.6 Phoenix HFXY probes
Donate to NMRFAM:
US deductible donations can be made to NMRFAM. Please write check payable to:
UW Foundation, Account 112152802 and mail to:
Attn: Sarah Lynn Traver Saunders
Associate Administrative Program Specialist
University of Wisconsin-Madison
Department of Biochemistry
433 Babcock Dr.
Madison WI 53706
For further information, please contact Ms. Saunders, Tel: 608-265-2507 or email.
References for recent publications are:
Coordination of Di-Acetylated Histone Ligands by the ATAD2 Bromodomain. Evans CM, Philips M, Malone KL. Tonelli M, Cornilescu G, Cornilescu C, Holton SJ, Gorjanacz M. Wang L, Carlson S. Gay JC, Nix JC, Demeler B. Markley JL, Glass KC. Int. J Mol Sci. 2021 Aug. PMCID:PMC8430852.
Comparisons of beta-Hairpin Propensity Among Peptides with Homochiral or Heterochiral Strands. Liu X, Gellman SL. Chembiochem. 2021 July. PMID 34288305.
Structure and dynamics of drug-bound bacterial transporter EmrE in lipid bilayers. Shcherbakov AA, Hisao G, Mandala VS, Thomas NE, Soltani M, Davis JH Jr, Henzler-Wildman KA, Hong M. Jan 2021. Nat Commun. PMID:33420032.
1H, 13C, and 15N backbone and side chain chemical shift assignments of the SARS-CoV-2 non-structural protein 7. Tonelli M, Rienstra C. Anderson TK, Kirchdoerfer R, Henzler-Wildman K. 2020 Nov. Biomol NMR Assign. PMID:33219414
To Unsubscribe, go to http://lists.nmrfam.wisc.edu/mailman/options/enews