NMRFAM OPERATIONS DURING THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC – ESSENTIAL OPERATIONS ONLY
UW-Madison is currently operating under essential operations only. We are beginning to make plans for re-opening in accord with UW-Madison policies, and expect to have additional information to share over the next month.
- Standard NMR calendars are suspended while research operations are restricted.
- Limited research operations are ongoing and are coordinated with cryogen fills and other essential maintenance. Samples are changed when staff are already in the facility to perform necessary maintenance operations. No experiments requiring frequent sample changes or hands-on staff time in the facility will be performed. Long-running experiments may be run through remote operations in consultation with NMRFAM staff. Please contact Lai Bergeman (email@example.com) and Milo Westler (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you would like to discuss experiments that meet these requirements.
- There will be no entrance to any part of the facility except for essential staff. Staff will be available through email and are happy to discuss project planning, data analysis, etc.
- Shipping and receiving is currently operating at a reduced capacity and shipping is delayed nation-wide. Please do NOT send samples right now that are thermally unstable or especially precious. We are hopefully that the shipping situation will improve in another next month or so.
- There will be no drop-off sample service on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- The June NMRFAM workshop has gone virtual! Please see the workshop webpage at (https://nmrfam.wisc.edu/introductory-workshop/).