NMRFAM actively seeks new projects that present substantial technical challenges and serve to drive the development of the center’s Technology Research and Development (TR&D) Projects.
NMRFAM’s current TR&D Projects focus on the following advances
- Expanding the Scope of NMR Sample Preparation to determine structure, dynamics, and functional properties of challenging proteins and nucleic acids and their complexes by solution or solid state NMR.
- Expanding technologies for Solid-State NMR Data collection
- Integration of NMR for Complex systems to drives development of integrated data collection and assignment platform and incorporation of structural data for protein domains.
Important points about new projects
- New projects actively involve NMRFAM staff members and are expected to lead to joint publications and structures. Publications
- New users are charged for spectrometer time used in data collection, additional staff time is charged for actual hands-on staff time such as setting -up experiments, loading samples onto spectrometer and data analysis on the project. Co-authorship is required for the involved staff member in any resulting publication(s). Spectrometers and Fees.
- NMRFAM sponsor acknowledgements must be included in the acknowledgements portion of any publications resulting from collaborations with NMRFAM.
- If the project is accepted as an NMRFAM project, it will be assigned to one or more NMRFAM staff members who will guide it to completion.