NMRFAM actively seeks collaborative projects that present substantial technical challenges and serve to drive the development of the center’s Technology Research and Development (TR&D) Projects.
NMRFAM’s current TR&D Projects focus on the following advances
- Automation in NMR data collection, spectral analysis and assignment, and structure determination of small- and moderate-sized proteins and RNA molecules.
- Determination of the structure, dynamics, and functional properties of challenging proteins and nucleic acids and their complexes by NMR and SAXS approaches.
- NMR-based studies of metabolomics and natural products including LC-MS solid-phase extraction of molecules of interest.
Important points about collaborative projects
- Collaborative projects actively involve NMRFAM staff members and are expected to lead to joint publications and structures. Publications
- Collaborative users are charged for spectrometer time used in data collection, additional staff time is not charged for collaborative projects, but co-authorship is required for the involved staff member in any resulting publication(s). Spectrometers and Fees
- NMRFAM sponsor acknowledgements must be included in the acknowledgements portion of any publications resulting from collaborations with NMRFAM.
- If the project is accepted as an NMRFAM collaboration, it will be assigned to one or more NMRFAM staff members who will guide it to completion.